Sunday, March 18, 2007

Winner

Wow - I was overwhelmed with all the entries into my blog candy and hits on this site from it. It sure has lit a fire under my butt to get some cards made. Now onto the winner. Its funny, when I read other people's blogs and they said they felt bad because everyone can't win, I would think to myself "they're just saying that to be nice"....but it really is true. But the one winner this time around is.....

#23 - quilt nut (AKA Rhonda). She said,

"great blog candy! love the paper colors.
love your blog too. will be back again :) "

As well, I noticed you can check out her blog at Quilt Nut Creations (http://quiltnutcreations.blogspot.com/). She is a quilter (and the title didn't give that away) and I've always wanted to make a quilt. Or, more than likely what would happen would be to pay someone to make us one. And she is Canadian - although in BC (and I'm in Alberta), it still is great. Mesh (my husband) would appreciate that, especially with how his Canucks are doing. So Rhonda, I found your email, so be expecting an email from me shortly.


Now on to other things...
I made this card for our friend whose birthday is actually today. Its gonna get to her a little late. I have "Doodle This" from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini (and "Doodle That" comes tomorrow!). I'm looking forward to it. I have two cards waiting to show you, but they are for my mom and sister's birthdays which are coming up pretty quick. They do check my blog, so I don't want to ruin the surprise yet. I'm pretty proud of them though.


All supplies Stampin' Up! 1990-2007 STAMPS: Doodle This, Doodle Alphabet CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Perfect Plum INK: Basic Black, Black Stazon, several other colors to color in the images (but I've already mailed the card, can't remember and can't tell the colors from the photo anyways!) ACCESSORIES: Blender Pens, Stamp-a-ma-jig, bling (heidi swapp)

Here is a close up of one of the flowers that has a 'bling' in the centre.


Have a great start to your week!

3 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

thanx again Laura! i love that set!

dawnmercedes said...

Congrats to the winner and thanks to the generous hostess!

Shelina said...

Hi, I came cause of a link quilt nut put on her link. That's a great idea to offer blog candy. Wow I haven't seen 95 comments on one blog post before! I